Friday, November 19, 2010

There is more,

Reading NMiss Commentator lately I have begun to think there is more about the Richard Scruggs matter which interests me. So, this site will be re-awakened.

I became interested again when I read a few comments at this run of comments.

In the past, I wondered why Judge Lackey became "a prosecutor" ('s) agent regarding Richard Scruggs. At the location mentioned, I see that others seem to be raising points which question Judge Lackey's real interest(s) in the whole Scruggs matter. These interests are quite oblique. The judge is presented as a hero of the law. But, I wonder. I hope he is pure as the driven snow (a term used on the Northern Tier), but I wonder.

Before, I have raised questions. Is it right for a judge to become an agent of the FBI? What does Judge Lackey's interest in law enforcement that say about the role of judges? Should the judge 's state tolerate this? What do the lawyers in the state think? Are they not troubled, at least a bit, at least enough to say something? Alas, I can find no criticism.

I recall implying, at least, that it seems quite untoward for Judge Lackey to be taking advantage of a friend of his, a young lawyer whom he had "mentored" -- to ruin his life. Ruining his friend's life enabled him (Judge Lackey) to bring down (I think he said something like this --Judge Lackey's nemesis? -- Richard Scruggs. (I am sure I said this somewhere) .

I recall saying (or at least thinking) why is this judge playing on his friend Tim Balducci to suck him into a bribe? Balducci merely engaged in bit of earwigging -- something quite common in Mississippi. So common the system had to say something about it -- what other jurisdiction has said something about earwigging? No one else has heard of the idea -- indeed when we do we mispell the term "earwhigging."

The good judge worked on friend from the spring to the fall as best I recall to get something from him about Richard Scruggs. My goodness, would any of you do this?

More impotantly, is this something judges do? -- become FBI agents? If so, the game played in Mississippi is quite odd, to say the least.

No comments: